I realized that we have lived away from Utah for a long time when my kids thought I was joking when I told them that there is a holiday called "pioneer day" in Utah on July 24th. They couldn't believe that people would have work off, towns would have festivals, and that we could watch fireworks...and it all had to do with celebrating the arrival of the Mormon pioneers in the Utah valley. Well...we happened to be in Utah this year on the 24th, and so I proved this theory to them. We ended up having such a fun day.

We started the day by hanging out with cousins (what else). My sister in Law Jodi and I decided that we wanted to pack the day full of fun and so we took our kids and some of Wendy's kids to the town festival in Bountiful. The kids had so much fun riding ponies, eating snow cones and hot dogs, doing a few pioneer activities, and going on the bounce houses. Their favorite part was the entertainment.
No comments:
Post a Comment