We have wanted a piano for soooo long. WE FINALLY GOT ONE! Kinsey has been taking piano for the past three years and she is such a great pianist. I think she knew how to read the music before she even started playing (learned in school...and it comes pretty naturally to her...very unlike her mother). We have a small keyboard that she has been able to practice on, but it is not the same as a piano. I found this piano on Craig's list for an amazing price, and it sounds BEAUTIFUL. I didn't even realize how well Kinsey could play because I didn't hear her practicing very much before (the keyboard is upstairs and she would turn the volume way down). I love hearing the sound of the piano echoing through the house now. Kinsey's latest song is Cannon in D and it is one of my favorites. Even though I don't play much, I find myself sitting at the piano learning to play songs myself. It is quite addicting.
Kennedy just started piano lessons this year too and she seems to be loving it. We love the girl's teacher Colleen Potter.

3 comments:
That's so exciting. I never even had a real piano. I've been trying to get back into piano myself out here. My friend who's a piano major kind of inspired me. I haven't played for real in over a year, so it's really fun for me to do it again, when I get the time.
I am so jealous!! I can't wait to hear the girls play. We will have to hold a private recital next time we see you. Maybe you could send us a video clip so we can get a sneak peak. :)
Whoa!! Canon in D is my ultimate favorite song to play. I really worked hard on it and can still play some of it today. Piano is a great skill, and its nice to see others taking a interest. I'm with Kinsey, I am a pretty good reader, I like picking up new music and trying to play it within a half an hour.
Clay
Post a Comment