My kids are FISH! They love the water, and good thing...because we always seem to be near it. I grew up with a pool, taught swim lessons as a teenager (for ten years actually), I love the ocean, and now I swim in triathlons. John was a swimmer and a water polo player in high school, so we are glad our kids like to swim. When we are in Utah, one of the MAIN EVENTS...is SWIMMING! My mom and dad have this pool that was built a good 30 years ago...and it still gets so much use from all the cousins. These kids can swim for hours, and it is so nice to sit around the pool with my mom, sisters, sister in laws, grown nieces, and friends, and we just all watch the kids swim, and jump in here and there to keep cool. Cooper loves the water as well and I am teaching him a little swimming, but hope to improve that over the year. So many memories have been made in this pool. I get nostalgic just thinking about it.
Cousins and friends and neighbors all enjoying the Fulks pool. John was standing on the roof of my Dad's garage to take this shot.
Kennedy is doing the famous "backwards fall" into my mom's pool. The kids love the diving board and love jumping in...usually doing some sort of trick first. One of their favorite pool games is called "toothpick", which involves trying to jump in and grab a tiny toothpick while others are trying to do the same...or something like that.
This was actually at my sister Brenda's pool. We also have a pool party there every year, and Carver was having the time of his life chicken fighting with uncle Jon, and Uncle Charlie and his cousin Hyrum.
"NIGHT SWIMMING" is one of our favorite things to do. Lots of times family members will just show up to swim in the evening, and before you know it, we have a party going on. I love the glow of the light in the pool, I love the dark night, I love how much fun the kids have. this is Kinsey, Kennedy and Kinsey's BFF Mia.
"Toss the kid" was played regularly at my mom's pool. Uncle Darin seemed to be the favorite "tosser". He would get those kids so high before they went into the pool. This picture happens to be the famous "FLYING CARVER".
AHHHH...the hot tub. We love to get in the hot tub at night. This hot tub does not look very big, but we have had record amounts of kids stuffed into it (and teenagers...if I can remember back to the good old days of my youth). The kids love to get warm and toasty, especially during night swimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment