Check out my photography blog
Friday, September 5, 2008
A bunch of girls...waiting for "Breaking Dawn"
So I have to say that I am a true fan of the "Twilight books". I read all sorts of things, but these books are a fun escape for sure. Kinsey and her friends love the books, so I finally read them all last winter. Since we knew we were going to be in Utah when the new book came out, we thought it would be fun to go to the party at Barnes and Noble and get our books at midnight. I knew that some of my family (Wendy and Jodi and Joanne) were on board, plus we all invited friends, and it turned into such a fun big party. The young girls dressed in red and black (to match the book cover) and we started out the night by eating at Cafe Rio. We headed over to the Barnes and Noble party and had fun doing trivia and being a part of the excitement. Jodi and Kinsey had waited in line the morning before to get the wrist bands to get the books, so we were grateful to them. The crowd was AMAZING. So many fans. I think we were in group three to get our books. Each book was 50 people, and there were 30 groups. Wow. We headed back to Jodi's house and made scones, and Kinsey and Mia and Jodi stayed up reading for part of the night. It has been fun to talk about this book with my family, sisters, nieces, and sister-in-laws. Pretty much everyone loves the stories. My brother even read them all. Fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
This is one of my favorite nights of the summer! As I have read others blogs, I have realized that we are definitely part of the "Twilight" cult. I am so glad we are in it together. Love ya tons!
Post a Comment