This past Saturday I participated in a Relay for the OUC Triathlon in Down Town Orlando. I am training for a Triathlon taking place the end of October, so I didn't really want to do a full Tri right now, but I liked the idea of doing "part" of it. I was the swimmer for my team, and I think I lucked out with the easiest part. Only a 1/4 mile swim (1/2 the distance I swim regularly). We had three Tri Relay teams from our ward, and then two of my friends did the whole race. It was fun to be there with so many people and to see the race from a different perspective. I got the swim over with and then I got to actually be a spectator and take pictures of my friends with my fun new camera. I loved it. John and the two middle kids came a long and it was fun to cheer our friends on.
But...about the swim. I just have to say, even though it was not the longest distance I have ever swam, it was a pretty difficult swim. Let me tell you why. I was swimming through weeds tall enough that they touched me the whole swim. Every time I took a stroke, I had to drag my arm through all sorts of weeds. Seriously weird. And I could see them all clearly too. Creepy. Our friend said he felt like Harry Potter in the tri-wizard tournament...swimming through all that murky green stuff. Thought I might see some mer-people at any point...or at least an alligator looking up at me.

Anyway, the whole event was fun and it was neat that the race ended down town. I loved watching my friends come in. I also loved seeing the kids having so much fun watching for their mom's or dad's. Cute stuff. Unfortunately, the biker on my team (Mark Goodell), got a flat tire, but all three of us still got to participate.

3 comments:
The whole time I was swimming, I kept thinking about Peter's current obsession with Dr. Octopus and his "tentacle arms." Those darn weeds were like tentacle arms grabbing at me the whole time! Gross!
Amy, Kevin and I think your admazing It makes us want to get off the sofa and do something, Glad that you had so much fun in Utah!
Sounds like fun!Well, minus swimming through muck. That was probably fun after it was over though, right? Love ya. Keep up the amazing triathlons!
Post a Comment