Friday, September 12, 2008

So many memories...

I am the kind of person that wants to remember all the wonderful moments we have had as a family...especially the ones that are void of cranky, whiny, fighting kids. Our Utah trip happens to be a time when my kids are SO HAPPY to be with cousins and grandparents and friends, that they forget to be bothered by their siblings. It is a beautiful thing. So...since we just got our computer up and running after a month of not being able to use it much (thank you Chris Dowdy...you are a rock star), I now feel the need to record all the memories that happened in Utah. I know this is all "so yesterday" and I am kind of late doing all of it, and frankly...probably kind of boring and redundant to most of you, I still can't stop myself from talking about just a few more highlights from our Utah trip for my own sake. Feel free to scroll through it all. But...if you are a family member, you might just find yourself starring in one of these pictures.




A few highlights of Utah...besides the ones previously posted...

-riding the new commuter train (The Frontrunner) into Salt Lake to go to Gateway. It was me, and my mom, Wendy, Jodi and Jon, and our kids. The kids played in the fountain, we had something to eat, and it was a fun adventure. And then when John came to Utah for his week, we as a family rode in again and enjoyed the day.

-The swim party at my sister Brenda's house. I love this party every year. We all just get together and swim and eat (what else is new), but it is so fun to be at Brenda and Larry's house.

-The drive-in movie with Amy and her kids and Jon and Jodi

-Staying at Jon and Jodi's house for a week. I loved being able to hang out with Jodi so much. She is such a close friend,...besides being my sister in law. Our kids played so cute together and I just loved our time there. Their house and yard are beautiful and we loved getting to spend the every day moments with them. Loved the killer bike rides with Jodi (she likes to go straight up the mountain). I also loved it when she and I were talking and talking and getting nothing done.

-Outdoor movie in Mom's back yard on the 24th of July

-shopping with BFF Amy, Heather and Jodi. Shopping with Wendy. Shopping with Wendy and Jodi(looking for the perfect dress for my highschool reunion), shopping with my mom ,...OKAY...WE DID A LOT OF SHOPPING!

-Being at my Mom's house and getting to just chat with her and my Dad and see how much my children love interacting with them. They love Grandma and Grandpa's house and love being with them.

-the fun jewelry party that Jodi threw for me in her back yard. It was perfect. All her friends came, all Wendy's friends came, and people loved the jewelry, bought a lot, and then everyone stayed around and enjoyed the party. What a fun night.

-the way my kids just love their cousins so much. They honestly just couldn't get enough. Every night they were begging for another sleepover. Grandma Fulks even made a cool fort for Parker and Carver to sleep in one night. What a cool grandma. Carver and Madi had so many fun sleepovers at her house (they are the cutest friends even though they are two years apart) and he loved playing with Hyrum. Kennedy and Brooklyn were joined at the hip. Kinsey loved being with Joy and Dylan and Lexi and Martsie...and james and Melissa. It was so great to see them all enjoy each other so much.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I could relive our fun summer over and over! We love spending our summer "staycation" with you! What a great time we had. I am sure we will be talking about all of our memories for years to come. Now we just need to make it to Florida! :)