Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring break is here! Yay!

We are "dashing" into spring break...full speed ahead. We have been so excited for the break from school and homework and scheduled life. Already 4 days in, and we have packed the time with all sorts of fun.

On Friday we headed to Winter Park and played on the little beach close to Rollins college. We tossed the football, played in the sand, and just relaxed. What could be better. Well, we did miss Kinsey as she was at the first of two parties she had that day (so we didn't feel too sorry for her).



This patch of clovers made for some cute pictures

I dropped Kinsey off at her second party of the day and got a few fun pics of the swim party. Back at home later that night, we watched a movie out on the porch. The weather was perfect and it just seemed like a fun thing to do. I think this was the first of 3 movie nights on the porch that we have had since spring break began. John is such a good Dad to do these things with his kids. They love it. John also had a camp out in the back yard with the middle kids. They loved sleeping in the tent, even if it was just feet away from the back door.

And on Saturday, we got to go to another one of Carver's soccer games. He scored 4 of the seven goals, and since they were low on players, had to play the entire game. What a little trooper. In the above shot, Carver is keeping score of their points...and totally oblivious to the amount of dirt he has on himself (he plays hard...and falls hard).

On Saturday night Kinsey and I got to go to the churches general YW broadcast together, and that was such an amazing meeting. I am truly thankful for the type of young woman that Kinsey is. I know she truly lives her life as an example, just like this years YW's theme.

Today was spent at the pool with the kids, and now John and I get to go out for a date....because tomorrow KINSEY AND I GET TO GO TO UTAH! We are so excited. My niece Martsie is getting married in the Salt Lake temple and my brother is flying us out so that I can be the photographer. Kinsey and I are all ready to go and looking forward to some mother daughter time, and looking forward to spending time with family. John is super Dad and hanging with the kids the rest of their spring break. So yes...this has already been a fun spring break...and will continue with the fun!!!

No comments: