If you live in Orlando, and you have not been on the Winter Park Boat tour...I would say..."DO IT". It is really such a fun and charming thing to do. It is this nice little family owned business and they take you on an hour long tour through the chain of lakes in Winter park, and they have all the history of the old mansions that line the lakes. It really is one of my favorite things to do. We did it with my parents last year, so I thought it would be fun to do it with John's mom while she was here.
We had the perfect weather to be on the water. This is Rollins College behind Barbara. Such a beautiful Campus.
Cooper kind of FREAKED OUT when we started to put the life vest on him...and there were many a tourist looking our way...hoping and praying that they did not have to be stuck in a boat with that screaming child. Luckily the way it worked out, the first two boats were filled, and so we got our own private boat with a couple of guides...and Cooper calmed right down. So I think things worked out pretty darn good.
The lakes are so beautiful. I love all the nature and the wildlife that we got to see. To get from one lake to another, you go through these amazing little canals. Again I will say it...CHARMING!
Oh and look (below), we boated right by our house! Okay, not really, but I wish. Barbara and I loved this particular mansion (and all the others) but thought this one was great with the guest house out back (for Barbara to live in of course). We can dream. This house was actually built in the 1920's and belonged to Mr. Rogers...you know...Mr. Roger's neighborhood? Think back to your childhood. All I can say is that this was certainly not the neighborhood that we saw on his TV show.
No comments:
Post a Comment