Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Swim and Slumber

This past week-end, Kennedy had her birthday party...which consisted of lots swimming, lots of singing (karaoke), and lots of silliness...but very little "slumbering". Slumbering or not...I think the night was a success. These are such nice girls, some from church and some from school, and it was a joy to have them with us. Kinsey was the party planner for this shin dig. She and Kennedy planned it all out, made the invitations, and Kinsey did the food and decor and planned activities. She took care of the whole party (along with her helpful sidekick Savannah), and I just got to stand back and be an observer. Kinsey is using this for a Value project for her Personal Progress program. I think that worked out well for all of us. She did a great job. swimming sweeties!
Fun in the waterfall
This is pretty much how Cooper spent the whole party. Just walking around the pool...helping himself to more pizza...and enjoying every minute of it.


The PARTY PLANNERS at work. Kinsey and Savannah were so great. After the girls swam at the pool, Savannah taught them all a dance. When they got home, they painted their nails, did Karaoke with them, and taught them to play some new games. They oversaw the gift giving, made appetizers for the girls, and watched a movie with them "Another Cinderella Story". They even slept in the same room with them. Kinsey made Belgian waffles for breakfast, and even made a "Kennedy's birthday mix" CD for all the girls to take home. I keep telling Kinsey that she could start a business doing this. It was awesome to sit back and watch the girls have fun...but I didn't have to BE the fun. Plus, teenage girls are way more exciting than a silly old mom. It was a very fun night and we are thankful that all of Kennedy's friends were able to come.

3 comments:

~LisaLou~ said...

Hi Amy,
What a great idea! Kinsey would be a great party planner. I think a lot of moms would pay a fun teenager to plan out and help with their kids party's. Looks like a lot of fun too!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Kinsey you are awsome! what a good example you are to Aleida I can only hope Aleida is so sweet to her sisters!

Jodi said...

It sounds like Kinsey did a fabulous job. (Although, you don't give yourself enough credit Amy, she did learn from the best!)It looks like the girls had a blast! Who wouldn't want to hang out some cool teenagers. What an awesome big sister. Maybe she'll be able to do Madi's party one summer.