THOSE WHO CHOSE TO ROCK!
Me and John
Andrea and Chris (the real life rockers of the bunch. Andrea actually met Chris while he was a drummer in his band)
Check out my photography blog
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Anyone up for some ROCK AND ROLL?
Friday night we went to a "ROCKIN" birthday party for our good friend Andrea Rediski. We were all told to dress like rock stars, and then we had a night of playing "Rock Band" at her house. So fun to channel our inner "rock star". I kind went for a "Rock Diva" sort of thing, and John went for a bit of a Jonas Brothers look (okay...so we watch a little too much Disney channel at our house. We left the skulls and the black fingernails to our other friends, but we loved that look too). We had such a fun night.
Half the fun of the night was seeing our kids faces as we came out all dressed up. Carver said we looked "SOOOO COOL" and the girls were equally impressed with my sparkly-ness (I even had glitter make-up and fake eye lashes). The silver arm bands were from one of Kennedy's old dance outfits...and my sequin tube top happens to be from one of my old dance outfits. Gotta love the dress-up box.
Some of my "rockin sisters"
We played "Rock Band" (a video game that has all the instruments and the microphone) for a good solid three hours, and had some great food and tons of laughs. Kinds of a surreal experience to see all my "mommy friends" dressed up and rockin out. These are all my Triathlon buddies, so it was fun to see them in a different light, and to see all these guys just cut loose. John and I had never played this game before...so I'm sure we made fools of ourselves with all these experts, but who cares. Still so much fun.
Me and the birthday girl, Andrea, who is a real live rocker at heart...and a very talented musician.
Play that guitar for me baby!

(above) Beckie and Mike singing their hearts out, and Chris Rediski on drums (which I must say is a treat to watch. He is a drummer, so he put on quite the show. Loved it)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love how you scroll down your blog and the pictures get more and more amusing from the Rock Band party and then there is the nice serene picture of Thomas S. Monson. Haha I’m sure if Andrea thought he could have made it, she would have invited him :-)
I think Tom would be up for some rocking, don't you?
Great pictures Amy! Thanks for being our Rock and Roll Paparazzi!
Hahaha! Darn it all, you don't have any of Sara and Matt. I saw those on facebook... wow! You guys look like you had a ROCKIN' time. I totally missed out!! Miss you guys tons, you're so much fun!
Ok, what happened to the picture of Matt and Sara??? I'm totally posting it on my blog and nobody can stop me!
Wow!! You guys are hard core! Looks like tons of fun!! Now if only I had pictures of our disco party to show you.... You guys really know how to keep the party life going!
Post a Comment