Friday, October 3, 2008

Gotta love high school Football!

My family loves going to the Timbercreek High school football games. Clay Roe plays on the JV team and we finally got to go and see one of his games, and I took some pictures for him. Clay is in our ward and he is a family friend...well, mostly Kinsey's friend...and Cooper's friend (clay totally took care of Cooper on some of our beach days and pool days)...and I just love to give him a hard time (but I really think he is a great kid). His family is in our ward and we love them and have a great time when we get together. His sister Keriann is one of Kinsey's best friends also. Clay and Kinsey and a bunch of other kids from the ward hang out together at seminary, and school, and lunch, and church. Great group of kids. It was fun to be our own little cheering section. Clay played great, and the Wolves won. To top off the night, the kids got to have their own football game down on the field when the game was over. This is always a highlight for them. Carver LOVES IT. Cooper loved being at this game and he just walked and walked and ran everywhere. John followed him diligently and said he walked the whole track. He was a ball of sweat when we finished, but it was cute to see him explore this fun environment.

6 comments:

Alexa Slaughter said...

SO JEALOUS!!! I miss high school football and all of you, my friends, so much! I have only bee to one of BYU's games and it was with my dad, his brother, and his brother's father-in-law. Plus, the games are in the middle of the day in the heat, and you don't get the whole it's-night-time-and-the-stadium-lights-are-on experience. You got some great pictures of Clay! Wow! He's so serious, though. :) Love and miss you all. Say hi to the fam.

Lorraine Roe said...

Number 64 is pretty good. I'm Famous!! Just kidding, I not that good at all, I did not play the whole game. Thank you guys for coming, it really boosted my energy and contributed greatly to the win. I'm a little weary of you believing that I'm a good guy!! Thank you so much for taking the pcitures, they came out great. And I don't think that I look that serious. Clay

Alexa Slaughter said...

Oh, you look very serious.

Lorraine Roe said...

I'm not serious looking, sorry Sister Lopez to hog your blog comments, I clearly have no life.
Clay (who doesnt look serious)

Alexa Slaughter said...

Stop lying to yourself. You're the most serious thing since, well, Kokoum from Pocahontas.

Amy said...

Okay you two (Clay and Alexa)...this could go on forever. Clay looks a little serious...but mostly just tough! Actually, I took his picture at a recent church dance and he looks WAY more serious then (must have been all that fun he was having).