It feels like Fall!
For two days this week, we actually had some cold weather...and it really felt like fall...and it was kind of fun for a change. Actually, for this whole month, the weather has been GORGEOUS, and in the mid 70's or low 80's, and that is just how I like it, but this week, temps dropped, and we Floridians really felt it. We had lows in the 40's at night and only highs of mid 60's. We usually don't get weather like that until late November, or sometimes January. My kids were "freezing" each morning, and they don't like that (none of us like to be cold anymore), but they did think it was fun to wear jackets and long pants to school (a novelty). And, yesterday happened to be "Hat Day" at school, so they got to wear some cute hats too. I decided to document the Jackets and the cute hats...and it turned into a full blown photo shoot on my porch. But what else is new with me. Taking pictures and photography are some of my very favorite things, so my kids are used to this. Anyway, I liked the way the pics turned out, so I thought I would post all my favorites. Oh, and by the way, Carver is not mad or pouty in these pictures. He told me that he was trying to look "cool", and smiling was not the look he was going for. And actually, I love how the "serious" shots turned out. Maybe he is onto something.
12 comments:
Your pictures are always gorgeous. I'm so jealous. :)
I love the pictures! I can't believe how your family is growing up. I was just telling Eric the other day, as I was looking at a picture of Kinsey, that I used to dance and play around with her and she was just this little girl. It's amazing how time goes on and things change and kids grow up. I am so impressed with your triathalons. You inspire me to work out and be in shape. You always have. I love keeping up to date with your family through your blog! I can't wait to see your family again sometime. That will be a fun reunion. I hope you have a fun Halloween and I can't wait to see pictures of all your costumes!
Wow, Carver's looks have changed so much. Beautiful pictures.
Love you guys, Lisa
Your pictures are beast. That's another thing you are an example of: good pictures. I like the black & white mixes, really cool.
Clay
I almost forgot, carver does look pretty cool with his serious look. I do it all the time. I don't look serious or mad, just cool. Carver has the look down, looking cool, just like I was looking cool in my football pictures & not looking serious (cough..alexa...cough)
Clay
Amy, I love these pictures of your children, Carver is seriously so handsome...I am thinking GQ material. I was thinking it was close to your triathalon so I was looking to see if you had pictures and you didn't dissapoint. I love all of them and I can't even imagine having to do all of that in the rain....you guys are awesome. I am really proud of you. I get a lot of inspiration from you I really do. I've been exercising again...this time 7 weeks straight....but I am a far ways from a triathalon...but that is OK, I am getting stronger. I loved the Rock Star pictures too....so much fun! you guys are great. I will send you a picture of my cute grandchildren in their Halloween pictures. They turned out so well. I love and miss you. I really enjoy reading your blog page and just today....(tragic I know) figured out how to leave comments. Be patient with me. I will do better now.
Love you and your great family.
Brenda
Amy, I love these pictures of your children, Carver is seriously so handsome...I am thinking GQ material. I was thinking it was close to your triathalon so I was looking to see if you had pictures and you didn't dissapoint. I love all of them and I can't even imagine having to do all of that in the rain....you guys are awesome. I am really proud of you. I get a lot of inspiration from you I really do. I've been exercising again...this time 7 weeks straight....but I am a far ways from a triathalon...but that is OK, I am getting stronger. I loved the Rock Star pictures too....so much fun! you guys are great. I will send you a picture of my cute grandchildren in their Halloween pictures. They turned out so well. I love and miss you. I really enjoy reading your blog page and just today....(tragic I know) figured out how to leave comments. Be patient with me. I will do better now.
Love you and your great family.
Brenda
OBviously new at this...some one left their comment twice....OOPS.
Sorry.
Love,
Brenda
I LOVE the pics Amy! Your talent is amazing! My favorite is Carver with the pumpkin! Did you edit those on picasa? You'll have to fill me in on all of your tips!
Jodi, I did edit the pics in picasa. I find it works well for most of my "photography needs". But that day, the color pics didn't really need enhancement because the light was so great, but I love to be able to mess around with different effects. Wish you lived here so we could go on Photo shoots together. Everyone admires the family shot you took of us in Utah.
And to you Brenda...I am so thrilled that you commented...I don't care if you send the same comment three or four times. Thanks for the kind words. You are the best sister ever (besides my other two). Send pics of your cute grand babies soon.
Great pictures Amy! I love to see your family. Maybe one day we can come and visit. Great job on the triathalon! You're amazing!
Post a Comment