Monday, November 3, 2008

We love Halloween


We love Halloween around the Lopez household. Maybe it is because I grew up with a Mom that always made Halloween so fun. I can still remember the cool skeleton that hung on the front door every year, and the rest of the house was equally "spookified". We had a huge box in the basement that was the "Halloween dress-up box", and every year we couldn't wait to get into it, pull all the stuff out, and figure out what we would be. My mom had made numerous costumes over the years, and so there was always something fun to wear. Some of my favorite costumes were; a ballerina, snoopy, little bow peep, a gypsy, a witch, and a cave girl. My mom was the kind of mom that would come to the Halloween parade at school dressed as a witch, with her entire face painted green. My Dad would trick or treat with us wearing a Star Wars mask. I loved it. I remember a couple of Halloween parties my parents had where they had all their adult friends come over in costume, and they would whip up a big cauldron of dry ice Root beer, and they would laugh and play games. As a child, listening from my bed, I thought my parents were the most exciting parents in the world. My mom made every holiday so wonderful, with special little touches, and a sense of excitement. I hope I can pass that on to my kids.
The gang...The Cheetah girl, the "50s" girl, the skeleton, and the mini pirate.
We had such a fun ward party at our church with carnival games, trunk-or-treat, and a great dinner. I dressed as a "50s" girl too, to match Kennedy. I made these costumes years ago, so it was fun to wear it again.

John was the perfect trunk-or-treat dispenser. He even decorated himself...and found great pleasure in spooking the kids (they couldn't really see him in there).
My cute poodle skirt girl from the 50s. Kennedy told me that she wished she had been a kid or teen in the 50s, because she loves those kind of clothes. She loves looking at pictures of my mom as a teen in her authentic poodle skirts and fun dresses.
Kinsey the "Cheetah Girl", with her fellow Cheetah's, Savannah and Keriann
This little pirate steals my heart
Fun pumpkin carving
Our festive Halloween night meal
Ready to trick-or-treat. Our neighborhood is so fun on Halloween. People all out on their porches, everyone's house is so decorated. Our next door neighbors turned their porch into a pirate ship, and the kids had to walk over this plank to get there. They LOVED IT.

"Wow...people really gave CANDY. This was the best day ever"!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

So so fun!!! Is Cooper the cutest pirate ever? I'm impressed that he wasn't scared of Carver. Tyli would have been terrified. Madi barely believed it was him. Kennedy looks darling. If I looked as cute as her I'd want to be a fifties girl too! And Kinsey is looking quite sexy for a fifteen year old.;)Looks like so much fun. It was so warm here on Halloween it almost felt like we were in Florida. Miss ya!

Simply White said...

Fun Halloween costumes. What a cute family!

~LisaLou~ said...

Oh, they look so cute! Reminds me of a classic Halloween!
I love your neighborhood. The porches are awesome! We were in Utah for Halloween and it was so much fun. The porches were decorated so pretty.
Are those tangerines with faces cut out on the Halloween dinner plate? Too cute!
Love you guys, Lisa

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

You guys are such a cute family! Still having the baby on the 14th we are so excited but she still has no name. I just read your comment on our prop 8 sign. I'm so proud of us Californians I cant believe that it passed. Now when you look at the numbers I really think all the work that your family in southern cal and us up here in Fresno really worked. It was pretty close. We love and miss you guys