Today was a good day! Our vacation is almost over, so we wanted to do something fun as a family (though Kinsey did go to Universal with friends), or part of a family at least. We started the day by taking our bikes up to one of the near colleges (UCF) and riding around campus. When John was a little boy, he lived in Orlando for a few years, and he remembers his parents bringing he and his siblings out to UCF (it was called something different then) and they would all ride their bikes around. At the time, the college was the only thing out here, and now we are a huge and thriving community. Anyway, it was perfect weather, (low 70's) and a gorgeous sunny day and we really enjoyed the ride. I love college campuses. I really loved college and I guess being on any campus brings back those fond memories of being young and having your whole life ahead of you. Keeping with the "campus" theme we started, in the afternoon, I needed to go do a photo shoot at another college campus, Rollins College. Since the photo shoot was for our good friends The Roses, we figured we would all go and make an afternoon of it (my family are good sports for sure). 
Rollins College is a beautiful campus with such amazing architecture. Plus, it sits right on a gorgeous lake. I figured it would make a perfect spot for a photo shoot and for a family outing. We got to the campus quite a bit earlier than the Roses, so we had time to walk around, and test out some good spots. My kids were eager helpers and we had fun doing it. John has a great eye and knows so much about photography, so I love having his helpful hand as well. Cooper and Carver loved running around, and Kennedy had all sorts of ideas for good photo opportunities.



The Roses arrived and I took SO many pictures of them. It was so much fun to take pictures of such good friends. They were so easy to photograph, even 23 month old Gavin. I took them to so many different locations on the campus, and they were just troopers. Carver and Luke played in between shots, Cooper chased Gavin and Emma, and John chased Cooper. Kennedy was a faithful assistant. It was such a gorgeous afternoon and evening, and wonderful to be out and about. You just can't beat Florida in the winter.
Here are a few of the shots I took of the Roses
4 comments:
Like I've said before... you're my official wedding photographer! So adorable, seriously. I wish you were up in Utah to take pictures of my FHE family.. we're going to get around to it sometime.
AHHHH!!! Yeah I found your blog through the Hillis' blog! I cannot tell you how excited I am to see your cute family all grown up! I miss you all soo much! I still have your last christmas picture on my magnet board in my room! :) I hope you all are doing well and I am so excited to keep up with ya'll through the blog life! Ahh i am so excited I found this!!! -natalie aka sister ek!
Hey AMy,
Your pictures turned out so beautiful for the Roses! They must be so excited to get them! Rollins was a beautiful location. The lake pictures make me miss Florida. We got rain for the first time in months this week. It was so fun! The kids went out on the trampoline and jumped and got all wet...for about 15 minutes! But we were gratful.
Cute pictures of the Dowdy's too. We miss all of you guys! (Reminds me of our fun dinner parties.)
Love you all, Lisa
Wow! You got some amazing shots!
Post a Comment