We get a week off from school for Thanksgiving every year here in Florida, and we have never been able to go anywhere. This year, when our friends the Haslam's invited us to Nashville, we thought... WHY NOT? The kids and I drove to Nashville the week-end before Thanksgiving, and it was great having Kinsey to help me drive. We met Carrie in Atlanta where she was visiting family, and then we followed her the rest of the way to Nashville. John flew in the morning of Thanksgiving as he had a busy week at work, and then we drove home together on Sunday. Such a nice long visit for us.

We love being at the Haslam "hotel" (as my kids call it) and have been there often enough that it really feels like home. Their kids and our kids just blend together and have a great time. We did so many fun things. We ATE AND ATE AND ATE delicious food. We shopped and had some fun girls time, and we spend pretty much every night watching movies in Carrie and Jason's amazing theater room.
One day me and Carrie took the girls to downtown Franklin to shop. We hit some of our favorite spots like PD's (love that store), and shopped around all the cute antique stores and boutiques. It's fun to have time with the girls like that. It was so pretty as everything was decorated for Christmas.

Carrie took us to this amazing frozen Yogurt shop in Downtown Franklin. It's called Sweet Cee Cee's, and it is the cutest yogurt place I have ever seen. Inside and out (above and below). And I LOVE fro yo anyway, so how could I resist.

When carver saw the colored leaves on the trees in Nashville he said, "They have Fall here? COOL". It was neat to see all the leaves changing colors and to have the cooler weather. We had some cool and mild days and some downright COLD days, which we are just not used to. But yes, it felt like "fall" and I loved jogging around this misty neighborhood each morning and seeing the beautiful houses, the misty hills, and the pretty leaves.

Mini bowling with the kids was a big hit

Cooper really got into his game


On Thanksgiving day we all headed out to Jason's parents farm (we love spending time there). The boys rode four wheelers and motercycles and then we all had such a great Thanksgiving meal.
Jason and John had fun making their "movies" of the adventures of the day
The day after Thanksgiving we went to downtown Nashville to eat and to walk around the shops. We also went to Bass Pro Shop where they had all sorts of activities for the kids. Entertained the kids for hours. And the boys even met a new and very harry friend.
Cooper, "don't shoot your eye out". Actually, he was the only kid that kept hitting all the targets right on. Hmm.
We ate at Spaghetti Factory, which we love (and we dont have one in Orlando), and then walked around. It was SO SO SO VERY COLD, but the city was beautiful and the lights were so pretty. Kinsey and Kennedy were on the look out for their favorite country music singers, and were feeling bad that Taylor Swift was not in Nashville for Thanksgiving (or so Kennedy told us after reading her J-14 magazines). But then later we found out that Taylor WAS in Nashville the day after Thanksgiving....and she and Jake were walking around one of the hotels we almost went to see. Awwwww. Sigh. So close, but so far.
The whole trip was wonderful. The best parts were when we were just hanging around Carrie's house talking and enjoying each other. During this Thanksgiving season, I could not help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude by the blessings I have in my life. Last year at this time we were out of a job and going through such a hard time. How grateful I am that John has a new job. How grateful I am that I have this family that I love so very much. How grateful I am that we have been able to work through hard times together. How grateful I am that I have life long wonderful friends. How grateful I am that I have wonderful children that are growing up to be really good people. How grateful I am for my beliefs and for my Savior Jesus Christ. And how grateful I am for my husband. He is my best friend and the person I am so lucky to be with.
No comments:
Post a Comment