On top of needing to share our fun and special memories with my parents, I also needed them for a few other things. I had to have some minor surgery in December, and we worked it out that it would be the day after they arrived. Even though they got delayed in L.A. airport for about 12 hours, and must have been so tired when they arrived, they were still able to take me to my surgery when they got here, and take care of me afterwards. I am so thankful for this since the procedure was much more painful than I expected and I was "out of it" for far longer than I expected. I had to have an endometrial ablation because of some serious fibroids. Side effects of these fibroids have been contributing to my massive anemia problems that I have been experiencing for the past two years (though I only recently found out that this has been the cause of my fatigue and pain and weakness). So hopefully this procedure will help me get back to the old me again...though I suspect it will takes months to get my energy back after such a long bout with severe anemia. But at least now I have hope. I have felt like an 80 year old woman for so long.

No comments:
Post a Comment