The night before Christmas eve, we attended a beautiful "Live Nativity" put on by our church, in which the girls participated. It was held in a large barn on the farm of some of our friends. Kinsey and Kennedy were shepherds this year. We were truly touched by the music we heard, the Christmas story we heard, and the spirit we felt as we watched the Nativity that night. I am always so touched by what Mary, the mother of Jesus, must have had to go through. Holding that baby in her arms and knowing what he would have to go through in his life. I am also always so moved as I think of that "Holy Night" and what miracles happened then. The birth of our Savior was such a significant thing. I picture Heavenly rejoicing that must have accompanied the night. This is what Christmas is about to me and this is the feeling that I want to bring into my home during the season. It was wonderful to bring my parents to this event.
My friend Sara Rose, her husband Matt, and her sweet brand new baby Eva were Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. They were beautiful. Baby Eva slept through the whole thing.
We had a really wonderful Christmas eve and Christmas day. Like I said, having my parents here made it so special. We had a big Christmas party a few days before with a bunch of our friends, so Christmas eve was just us, and it was really special. We delivered gifts, had a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, talked and talked about past Christmas memories, and had some time where we remembered our Savior and the real reason for the whole season.


Grandma and Grandpa gave the kids pajamas on Christmas eve. After we told the Christmas story, my mom recited "Twas the Night Before Christmas" from memory. I didn't even know she could do that. It was such a neat moment that I will never forget. Magical.



Excitement!

Here we are in front of our house. JUST KIDDING! But it is just a house in a normal neighborhood, yet every year they put up this light display. We love going to walk around their yard each year.


No comments:
Post a Comment