Back in the fall, we were looking for a way for a way to feel like it was actually Autumn. Here in Florida, it is still pretty warm all the way through October and November and we don't have the changing of the leaves until around Dec or Jan, so we look for ways to enjoy the fall...which I love. One Saturday, the girls had something going on, and so John and I took the boys just up the street from our neighborhood where it gets quite rural. We found this wonderful horse farm that is also a pumpkin patch in the Autumn. It was such a beautiful day with perfect temperatures in the mid 70's, and we enjoyed every minute of watching our boys run around this farm. At one point in the afternoon I was sitting in the shade under a huge oak tree that was dripping with Spanish Moss (truly beautiful), and I looked over and saw John pushing my boys on a tire swing. The three of them looked so happy and it was such a great afternoon and it was just one of those moments that I really felt so blessed to have the life that I do. A simple Joy of watching my boys. 

I love this picture (above). I know I should be horrified that my son has feet that are this dirty, but instead it just makes me smile. Yes, most people taking their kids to a farm would make sure they were wearing shoes and socks, but we live in the land of flip flops. I would say that my boys wear flip flops 11 months out of the year unless they are in school or at church. So they are used to running and playing and even navigating their way around a farm with flip flops. This picture will always remind me of my little flip flop boys. (And BTW...I was wearing flip flops that day too)
I love how this horse is so interested in Carver. I don't think Carver even knew that he was being stared down. So funny. Maybe the horse just knows how to pose.

We walked down this road to see the horses being fed. These two really are good friends.


We're flying!!!!

Hey, and look at that. John has flip flops too. Guess we are just a flip flop family.
No comments:
Post a Comment