Friday, April 16, 2010

Youth Etiquette Dinner

Recently we had a big "Etiquette Dinner" for the youth in our ward. We wanted the night to be special for the kids and give them an opportunity to dress up, eat a fancy dinner, use their manners, and learn how to converse with each other. Before hand we had some activities where we talked about etiquette in general, and then the night of the dinner, each youth was assigned an escort (which simply meant that they walked them to the table, sat by them, needed to have conversation with them, and then danced the first dance with them). It was a great opportunity to teach the boys about pulling out the chair for the girl, or standing when a girl leaves the table. Great opportunity for all the kids to have correct table etiquette, and dance etiquette (we closed the night with a short dance). The whole process of planning this event took quite some time, and we as leaders spent many hours decorating and getting things organized, but the pay off was wonderful. The kids looked so great and they really treated each other with so much respect.

Kinsey had fun getting all dolled up for the evening. I did her hair, and she wore this great dress...that I found at a garage sale if you can believe it. I thought she looked absolutely beautiful.







1 comment:

Lisa said...

Amy, it's such fun to read your blog. What a blessing to find such a beautiful dress for Kinsey at a garage sale..wow! Thank you so much for all your efforts in making our youth feel special. Whether they realize it now or not, someday at least, they'll look back with gratitude and fond memories. My girl, for one, truly appreciates and loves you (as do I!). Also, I'm so happy for you and your family with John's new job. You all are shining stars for us :)