Friday, April 23, 2010

The sky in my very own neighborhood

Okay, so this was a few weeks ago...and it would have been cooler if I was one of those "on the ball" kind of bloggers that would have posted the "day of", but oh well. I love watching the shuttle launch from our house. Something that is a definite perk to living in Florida. A few weeks ago I was out for a run in the early morning around 6 a.m. and the shuttle took off. I knew what time to look for the light and it was amazing to first see the sky light up, and then to see the shuttle itself a few seconds later. After it had gone quite a way up in the sky, then I finally heard the sound. I usually don't hear the take off clear out here in my neighborhood, but maybe it was so loud because of the early hour and the world was quiet. It was a delayed rumbling and shaking. Anyway, I only had my phone camera with me, but I took a bunch of shots. As I kept running, I noticed the trail that the shuttle had left behind. As the sun hit it, it just looked beautiful. Kind of like a "sign" in the sky, like something from Harry Potter...but less sinister than death eaters. I stopped to take quite a few pics as the sun moved across the trail. What an amazing sight...and what a great way to make my run go by so quickly.


Not the best quality pics with my cell phone, but you can get the idea. It was really so beautiful.

No comments: