Thursday, July 17, 2008

John's new BFF...Brendan Fraser

Okay, so my husband is way too understated and he tends to play things down. Let me explain. Last week John told me I should come and meet him at work on Friday (he works on the back lot of Universal studios). He said Brendan Fraser was coming to do a little promotion for "The Mummy" and John knows that I am a huge fan of Brendan...especially his early stuff (a bit of a crush for sure) like Encino Man, and School Ties, and With Honors. His production company was doing a little camera work for this event. I thought that sounded pretty exciting...but he left out a few details.
So me and the little kids headed over to Universal, met John at his office, and walked into the park with him. We were just planning of playing for a while until the presentation started. John and his company were setting up cameras and John had this list in his hand. When I asked him what it was for, he said, "Oh, it's just the interview questions for Brendan". WHAT? Then he proceeds to tell me that his company is interviewing Brendan and sending the footage to news stations and Access Hollywood. So I asked him who gets to do the interview...and he says, "Oh, me". WHAT! HELLO! He never told me this part before. This is definitely the kind of info I thrive on and get all excited about and kind of obsess about...and apparently the kind of info that doesn't phase my husband (like meeting and talking to a big star is just everyday business...Hello). So me and the kids watched the "Mummy" presentation with the rest of the huge crowd,and then we hung around because we knew John was doing this interview. The crowds dispersed because they were told Brendan was not coming back out (but I knew different) and so me and the kids inched up to the little roped off area that John was setting up in. Brendan came out and before you know it he was shaking hands with my husband and saying, "Hi John, how are you doing". Can you imagine that? "George of the Jungle" getting all personal with my hubby. By then we had a big crowd around us watching Brendan. Carver was pointing to John, and someone in the crowd saw him and then they yelled, "Hey, his Dad is doing the interview. How cool."
I couldn't really hear what the interview was about, but I think I have a good idea of what Brendan was saying.
"What an honor to meet you John Lopez"
"Yes...I saw your wife in the crowd...she is beautiful"
"Of course I want to be your new BFF and meet your family Dude".
This is a little behind the scenes video that one of John's co-workers made. You can't really hear anything, but it is kind of fun anyway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOLNESS!!!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

That is just CRAZY Cool!

~LisaLou~ said...

How fun! I used to have a little crush on him. Thought he was a cutie! Shhh...don't tell Sean!

Alexa Slaughter said...

I want to see the whole interview and hear John talking to him. I can't find it anywhere online. YouTube had it but it's not available anymore. Dang it! have you seen it?

Lorraine Roe said...

Yea, Brendan told me that John interviewed him.

Nicole Jackson said...

That's a great surprise he gave you! We also love George of the Jungle! When is the new Mummy coming out?

ray said...

Hey Amy, this is Rachael Colman from your old Seattle days. Just browsing around and I found you!! Cute blog, cute kids and all!

Oh and BTW, George of the Jungle is a cult favorite (the cult being me and Christian). I'm so jealous!