Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Girls Camp!

I got to go to part of girls camp this year! Yea! I am in the Young Women's presidency for church and so I went to help out. I have been to so many girls camps as a leader, but this was the first time I was there with Kinsey. Girls camp went great and all the girls had a great time. I love the girls in my ward. They are so wonderful and they really all just love each other. I was so impressed at the way they got along. No fights, no drama, just lots of fun. Girls camp was located on the LDS church ranch (about 45 min. from my house), and the girls stay in cabins. I have always been in a tent at girls camp, so the cabin thing was new to me. But when you live in Florida, and the heat and humidity are so high, air conditioned cabins are a must. Here we are having a nice game of apples to apples in our cabin (above).
We had a nice covered porch to eat our meals on...and good thing that it was covered, as Florida's afternoon rain liked to hit at lunch time.
Kinsey and Savannah Raskey
I was in charge of the "craft" for the whole stake. I helped them make fun colorful chunky bracelets, and it seemed to go over really well. It was fun to see the girls wearing the bracelets throughout camp, and afterwards.
This was a HUGE alligator that wandered into camp one night. Okay, not so huge, but still a gator (never had this problem in Seattle or Utah). The bishop of our ward tried to shoo it away, and it wouldn't budge, so he grabbed it around the mouth and carried it into the woods. We now call him the "alligator wrestler".

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How about a picture of that camp bracelet? That is the perfect way to go to camp...be in charge of one project! I'm sure it was totally cute. I am very jealous of the air-conditioned cabin, seeing as I live in ARIZONA and we haven't managed to get air-conditioned ANYthing at camp. It IS a "dry heat though...I love it when people say that. People, 120 degrees is hot no matter how dry it is. Cool Alligator.