Check out my photography blog
Thursday, May 1, 2008
WICKED! FINALLY!
WE FINALLY GOT TO GO SEE WICKED! For three girls who have been slightly obsessed (can you say "slightly" when referring to obsessions?) with the musical WICKED, a dream came true for us yesterday. The girls and I have been listening to the music of Wicked for over a year now and we
have been dying to see the Broadway production. It finally came to Orlando, and I got tickets way before Christmas, but then surprised the girls with them on Valentines day. They have been so excited. Kinsey has even been counting down the days. Wicked (if you don't already know), is the back story, or the prequel to Wizard of Oz. The music is amazing, the sets wonderful, and the whole production was was just perfect. Such a funny and clever story. John went with us, and he loved it as well, and his obsession level was nowhere near ours. Anyway, we got the girls out of school early and made a day of it. What a fun outing for us. Even though I had to leave a sick, possibly throwing up child (Cooper) with a friend (amazing friend...thanks Beckie), it was still worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have a good friend that I bought season tickets with to all the Broadway shows that come to Portland. Eighteen months ago the headliner for that season was Wicked. At that time I knew nothing about the story or music. I loved it and have since also been obsessed with the music! The next season we just purchased includes Wicked again! I am thrilled that I will be able to see it again! Just 11 more months! I'm glad that you guys had such a great time !
Hi Amy,
I found your link on Nicole's blog. I watched your girls a long time ago when you came to visit her. I too have not seen it but bought season tickets for when it comes this year. My daughters learned "Popular" and now I have that whole song memorized as well.
Your littlest boy is so adorable. He sort of reminds me of my little guy. How old is he? Brody is 14 months.
Post a Comment