Sunday, May 18, 2008

Why I love being a Mom







Mother's day was wonderful this year. My family took care of me so well. John took me to dinner on Saturday night. Kinsey made me breakfast on Sunday morning. All the kids and John gave me thoughtful and fun gifts. They made one of my favorite dinners for me (grilled chicken quesodillas), pampered me all day long, and let me sit around and relax. No diaper duty. No bedtime duty. It was amazing. As I watched my sweet family on mother's day, I was reminded of why I love being a mom.


I love being Kinsey's mom because she is such an amazing and responsible child. I am constantly amazed by her self motivation and work ethic. I am always so proud of her. She also is SO fun to hang around with. I love to shop with her, watch American idol with her, and watch movies with her.

I love being Kennedy's mom because she always has something to tell me. That girl knows how to fill me in on "details". I love seeing how Kennedy has always been such a good helper. She loves to learn new things, she loves to do projects with me, and she is a great side-kick.


I love being Carver's mom because he makes me laugh all the time. He has some crazy dance moves that keep me pretty entertained. Carver is all boy, but still loves his mom so much, and is willing to snuggle with me. I love going to his soccer games, love watching him play in the neighborhood, love seeing his joy when he is boogie boarding. It has been so fun and interesting to see things through the eyes of a five year old boy. I love it when he stops what he is doing to tell me how pretty I am. Can't beat that.


I love being Cooper's mom. I ADORE having a baby. I cry when I think of him growing up. I love everything he does (well almost everything) and he makes me smile all the time. I love his slobbery kisses, his funny little jabber, his cute laugh, his funny little walk, and his chubby cheeks. He is such a sweet baby and he brings joy to all of us.
Okay, so I know that I am not John's "mom", but I can't leave him out here. John is such an amazing husband and he does so much for me. He did so much to make Mother's day wonderful. On Saturday he cleaned the house, did the laundry, (while I was madly making jewelry for my upcoming party), took the kids shopping for me, and then took me out to dinner. On Sunday he let me relax while helping the kids make the day nice for me. But to tell you the truth, he is always like this. He is probably the most helpful husband that I know of and I just feel so incredibly blessed. He is the love of my life, my best friend, and I still get excited when I see him walk in the door at the end of the day. He is always thinking of me or the kids, he is such an involved father, and he has wonderful relationships with each of our children. Very "hands on". John works so hard for us, and he is incredibly talented and creative in the work place. He is friendly, open, and caring, and such a non-judgemental person. I love going on dates with him, talking with him, or watching movies with him. He makes me laugh (after 17 years, we have quite a few ongoing inside jokes), always wants to hear about my day, and just makes me happy. He honors his priesthood, serves in the church, and teaches his family correct principles. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I love you Babe!


No comments: