Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Time to go to PROM!

As the end of the school year drew near, there were more and more activities that reminded me of Kinsey's "lasts". Prom was one of them. One of those things you only do in highschool.  She and her friends humored me and the other mom's as we helped all the girls get ready, and then followed them around with a camera for a while. They all looked so great.  These are kids that have all been friends for a long time and go to church together. It was fun that they could all be together for this fun night. 



Kinsey looked so beautiful as she was going off to prom. She wore a beautiful vintage lace shrug.  It used to be John's mom, and Kinsey LOVES it and designed her whole look around it. She loved wearing something that belonged to her Grandma.  We found this dress (at a bargain store if you can believe it), and she looked both vintage and elegant.  Like it was made for her. I think I had a little tear in my eye as I did her hair and helped her get ready. All the times that I did her hair as a little girl came flashing back. It's just so hard to believe that she is ready to go on to the next stage of her life.  Oh my...I am so sappy, and probably will continue to be for all the "end of the year" posts.  Sniff. 





Kinsey's date was the absolutely darling and charming Derek Lowe. I totally love this kid, and his mom (one of my best friends) and I had so much fun seeing them all dressed up together.  They are just really good friends, and we as the moms would NEVER dream of pushing for anything else :)  








I call this one "The Cullens"

1 comment:

Sara Rose said...

I don't think words can explain how BEAUTIFUL Kinsey looks in these pictures! I WISH I ever looked like this! So gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE!