Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kinsey Graduates!!!! Valedictorian!!!! Amazing day!

June 4th, 2012. Who can be ready for this day? The day that your first child graduates from highschool. I am telling you...It felt surreal. It felt like I was just play acting someone that was old enough to have a child graduating. It felt like I could remember moments when she was tiny as if it were yesterday.  As I sat in the huge amway arena, watching my girl up on the stage (the Valedictorians got to be on stage), and watching her on the jumbo tron as she did some of the greetings, I was overcome with emotion. This is it.  This is the end of a chapter. A beginning of such an amazing new chapter for her.  She achieved SO many goals and graduated with so many honors and achievements. She looked so beautiful. She spoke with such confidence to an arena full of 700 students and their parents. It was as if I was watching a dream. Sounds corny, but it was true. That was my little girl up there. The little girl of my dreams.  The little girl that has grown up so fast. How could my little girl already be moving on? I have never felt such pride and joy. Not just for her school accomplishments, but also for the amazing and outstanding young woman she has grown into. Her values, her beliefs, her character, her drive. I was astounded. How did she come from me? It was even more touching to see how it all affected John. He was as emotional as I was. Amazing day!




How wonderful to have Grandma Lopez in town for the week.  What a wonderful experience to share with her.  Kinsey is her first grandchild. 







It was so cool that the Valedictorians got to walk in first, sit on the stage, participate in the program, and then get their diplomas first. It was really significant and wonderful. 


Oh, and...Kinsey's Concert Choir sang, and they were AMAZING. Kinsey just happened to be on camera the whole time.  And...Kinsey's principal mentioned her name as one of their outstanding students going to an acclaimed out of state college...Brigham Young University.  Wow!!!! 

After graduation, we went to eat at Cheesecake factory, and had a wonderful time gushing over our girl!!!!!





No comments: