Sunday, July 15, 2012

Senior convocation and award night for Kinsey


Well, I guess it is official.  All the things leading up to graduation are really happening.  Whether I want them to or not.  Kinsey's honors award night at Timbercreek High School was pretty impressive.  Kinsey got to be one of the announcers and sit up on the stage because she is Senior Vice president.  She received awards for being in AP classes, being an officer of National Honors Society, for Beta club, and a special medal for being a Valedictorian.  It was emotional and surreal to see my little girl up on stage and to see all that she has accomplished with her hard work. It's like her life was flashing before my eyes and I could not believe that she was all grown up. She looked so lovely and so grown up as she sat up there in front of everyone.  Sniff. It was a neat night.



Kinsey got a really wonderful surprise this night as well.  All year she has worked hard with National Honors society to organize and run the blood drives for her school.  Since Timber Creek ended up being the number one donater of blood for Florida,  Florida Blood Centers awarded Timber Creek money for scholarships. Kinsey was chosen for one of those scholarships. She was awarded $2000!!!!! I about fell off my chair when I found out.  Yea Kinsey!!!!  I'm so proud of her.  She really did work hard on those blood drives, and it paid off :)  





Kinsey on stage as part of Senior Class Officers. 




Receiving award for Valedictorian


The 12 valedictorians were recognized and that was a really special moment to think of all the hard work that Kinsey had to do to get to this point.  12 kids out of 700.  Impressive.


1 comment:

Sara Rose said...

Congrats Kinsey!!!!! How cool about the surprise scholarship! That is awesome! I'm so proud of you and the amazing young lady you are...you are gorgeous, smart, talented and the sweetest girl ever. Congrats on everything!