Check out my photography blog
Sunday, April 1, 2012
We love to see the temple
The temple is a very important part of our lives. As Mormons (Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), we attend weekly church services at a chapel, but we can also attend THE TEMPLE as often as we like, to worship, make covenants, and serve others. It is also the place where we believe we can be sealed together as couples in marriage. It is a special and sacred and we have to live certain standards to enter. There have been times in my life when it was more difficult to make it to the temple more than once a month, which was fine and still a wonderful blessing. This year I have made a goal to go to the temple as often as possible and I have been able to go weekly for the most part. It has been the biggest blessing in my life. I have felt so much peace there. I have had inspiration and received answers to prayers. I have had a greater desire to return. I have found that my heart is turned to others more when I am attending often. Children cannot attend the temple until they are of a certain age, (the girls are able to do certain ordainances a couple times a year) but we want all of them to feel the spirit of the temple and spend time on the grounds. We want them to know that this is a place where they can come for peace. A place where they can be married one day. Gods house on the earth. The House of the Lord. There are LDS temples all over the world now, 136 to be exact, and I feel so blessed to have a temple so close to us. So this particular day a few months back, after church, we decide to drive over to the temple and walk around for a while and let the children feel the special spirit on the grounds. I love to see their faces turned up looking at this beautiful building. I love to know that their own testimonies of Jesus Christ are forming, or in the girls case, are already strong. I remember all of my tiny children singing the song "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday. To feel the holy spirit, to listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred duty".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment