A few weeks back our church had a ward party one Saturday morning. It was a simple thing, but turned out to be so fun, which is always true for those kinds of things. This fun picnic at Fort Christmas park turned into a little baseball game with the boys. I was chatting with my friends and I just looked over and saw John out there with a gaggle of 9 and 10 year old boys. Simple thing, but watching these little boys (half of them I had just seen hours before playing their football games that morning at a different park) play this simple "American passtime", just made me have a little "awwhh" moment. Our ward is very spread out, and we don't all live in the same neighborhood at all, but it was fun to have this sense of community today. Seeing my hubby play with his boys is always something I love, and I love it that he got those boys all playing. And of course, 5 year old Coop was out there with all of them holding his own, demanding to learn how to pitch, hit, and run, and he kept up with all of them. Soon more ward members joined, and even Kinsey and her friends played. Beautiful day, great food, football games, picnic, baseball games, time with my family. Just a good memory.







Cooper has never played organized baseball, except with us in the yard, but with one simple lesson, he was hitting the big boy pitches and holding his own.
Kinsey and Savannah Sardon and her mom Lisa, and I, toured the cute old houses at Fort Christmas after the baseball game. I love " old stuff " and the history of it, and we loved trying to imagine what their pioneer lives must have been like.
No comments:
Post a Comment