Monday, April 23, 2012

Smile...It's Easter!!!

I love Easter. I love it for so many reasons.  Mostly because we get to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior.  Mostly because so many hearts and minds are drawn to the life of the Jesus Christ.  It was good to talk about the real meaning of easter with my kids, especially the boys.  After we watched a video recounting the last days of Christ's life, and I explained to them that Christ suffered for all of our sins, and also felt all of our pain and sadness, Carver said to me, " Mom, that makes me feel really sad he had to suffer for things I did wrong".  I explained to him that what he did in that Garden was the greatest gift he could give us.  Because he DID suffer for our sins, and felt our pains and infirmities, we can live with him one day, and while we are here on earth, he can comfort us and "make our burdens light".  What a gift.  As the boys watched as Christ was nailed to the cross, they kept saying, "Why would they do that to him"?  It is unimaginable, yet it was all for us.  I am so thankful for my Savior, and thankful that my children can understand what a beautiful time Easter is.  I am so thankful that the Jesus Christ is the foundation of our teachings as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am so thankful that I can teach my children that the Savior knows each of them personally. 


One of our Easter traditions is EASTER PICTURES.  I know...big surprise.  It really just amounts to me sending them to the front porch minutes before we leave for church so I can get a few photos.  This is the last year that I will have all four of my kids posing for me on Easter :(   We had a fun easter egg hunt in the back yard, had a great time coloring eggs, and had a nice family Easter dinner.  It was a great day all around. 








No comments: