Our cute "new" VW Jetta (incidentally...the car I have wanted for years. Yea! )
Check out my photography blog
Monday, March 19, 2012
Something "NEW"
So we added something NEW to our lives. A new car. Though I LOVE IT, and want to claim it as "ours" it will mostly be John's to drive. It is "New" in many senses of the word. "New" as in it is only a few years old. "New" as in low miles. "New" as in it has lovely leather seats and a sun roof opposed to crumb filled seats and a door that won't unlock. And "New" as in it is a "New" concept for John to be driving a car that actually runs well, looks great, and that he likes. And "New" as in...you don't actually have to literally Roll UP THE WINDOWS. Believe it or not, my sweet husband has had the most humble of cars all these years, without one single complaint. Not that my Van is anything to shout about, but it has always had a few more conveniences than John's car. John drove the same car for 10 years. It was just a bare bones simple little car, but we have always been so thankful to have a car with no car payment. Even though most of John's staff at work has had a nicer car than him, John has been a trooper. Well, that bare bones car died last year, and so John started driving another simple bare bones little car (a sweet couple in our ward gave it to us...and we got it running and were going to let Kinsey drive it). Poor Kinsey had to give up the use of her little car so that her dad could have it. But now...it was time. We got John a "new" car, and the bare bones simple car is now Kinsey's "new" car. I guess the word "new" is relative. And I have a new "date" car. Yea! What I love the most about this whole story is the fact that I have a husband that will do whatever is best for the family. He never complained, he never acted like he had to have a nice car to make him feel good about himself. He is humble, down to earth, and just such a good man. But for the man that drives an hour to and from work...I'm happy he can drive in a little more comfort for now...even though he will have to learn how to use power windows :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FUN! Wish I was there to cruise around!
Post a Comment