The McConaughy's were friends of ours here in our neighborhood. Our son Carver, and their son Andrew, have been in school together for three years, and been the best of friends. Andrea and I carpooled to school together and our boys spent countless hours at each of our homes. I remember two years ago when the McConaughy's adopted sweet baby Colin. He had been waited for for so long, and he was truly the light of Andrew and his parents lives. Last summer, the McConaughy family moved to South Carolina, which has caused Carver much sadness.
Last month I received an e-mail from Andrea telling us that Colin had suddenly gotten sick, and that after three weeks of doctors appointments, they found a brain tumor. She was asking for our prayers, but a day later, little Colin passed. The family was in utter shock, as were we all. I cried for days. I know that little Colin has gone to live with our Heavenly Father, but I cried for her family. I cried for his mother. I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose your baby. I am praying constantly that the Lord will give the McConaughys comfort.
I had the opportunity to take so many pictures of Colin, and his family. I put this collage together and printed it on a 11x14 matt board for the family. I wanted to post it as a tribute to this little boy, and his brave family. He only needed to come to earth for a few years to get his body, and the McConaughy's are the family that were chosen to take care of him. They are a very special family.
Be sure to love on your little ones today, and every day. Hug them tight and be thankful for every minute you have with them.

1 comment:
Oh this breaks my heart! And seeing those pictures makes it break even more. I am soooooo sorry. What a sad thing! Love ya Amy!
Post a Comment