Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stone Mountain Georgia for Carver's Birthday, June 2011

We love to stop in Georgia on our way home from Nashville.  We love the Atlanta area, and this year decided to try a new spot in that vicinity.  We were celebrating CARVER'S 9TH BIRTHDAY, so we wanted it to be special.  We found STONE MOUNTAIN (recommended by Carrie)!  Only about a 1/2 hour outside Atlanta, there is this amazing State park and in the middle, a giant granite boulder.  And I mean GIANT. A mile and a half high, and I don't know how far around (I should have read up on this).  The park is full of Campgrounds, great hotels, ropes courses, hiking paths, and a tram to the top of the "boulder". Being on top of Stone Mountain is seriously like walking on the moon.  What an incredible view. What an incredible feeling to be up there.  What a perfect spot to celebrate Carver's birthday.




I can't believe Carver is 9.  He is an amazing kid that adds so much to our family. And besides being amazing...look how handsome he is.  Good lookin!!!!! He is a wonderful big brother and teaches Cooper so much. He is our happy kid, and usually smiling and laughing.  He LOVED Stone mountain.  We spent the night there in a hotel that looked right out at the boulder. He kept saying "This is the best birthday ever".  So glad he loved it. He really loved the "ropes course" that the and John and the girls did for hours. And he loved being on top of the mountain.


On the front of Stone Mountain is this giant etching of some civil war generals (I swear I knew who they were when we were there. Drawing a blank now).  There is a huge grassy field in front of it. Every night, the park puts on an spectacular lazer show on the face of this mountain.  It was truly magical.  I just couldn't believe how perfect this whole little "detour" was.  Loved every minute.  Even the part where the people below us in the hotel called to complain of "too many footsteps". 






No comments: