Before the Roses left, we were able to have one last hurrah at the beach, our favorite gathering place. Bittersweet for sure.
Let me tell you the kind of friend that Sara is. When we moved to Florida, we had to live in a hotel for 6 weeks waiting to get into a house. It was a difficult time of uncertainty and adjustment. I had met Sara at church, and I honestly have to say, after I spotted her, I thought to myself, "I think she is going to become my best friend". She is just that kind of person. People are drawn to her. Well, she invited me over quite a lot while I was in the hotel, and also took me to ward events and helped me meet so many people. The day we moved into our house, who do you think was there? Yes, it was Sara, with her two small children in tow. She stayed with me all day and kept me company while the movers brought everything in, and then she helped me get settled. John and Matt quickly became friends, and soon our families were intertwined. Many holidays were spent together, many special occasions were celebrated together. They became family. Sara and I served in YW in church together and I learned so much from her. She was always willing to do anything for me. When we were out of a job for so long, Matt and Sara helped us in countless ways, many of which were probably meant to be anonymous, but I know it was their kindness. Sara and I laughed together, cried together, and just "got" each other. She is the kind of person that made me a better person. So giving, so loving, and so non judgmental. I could go on and on about her. I truly miss her in my life every day, but I am also so happy for her the she is experiencing so many amazing things with her family.
Oh goodness. The separation of these two boys has been painful. Cooper and Gavin. Gavin and Cooper. I think they were inseparable for these last few years. Partners in crime. Loving brothers. Soccer buddies. Cooper almost boycotted pre-school this fall because Gavin was not here to go with him. Cooper talks about him almost every day. How wonderful to have a friend such as this.
Emma is greatly missed too. Once she told her mom that Kinsey was her new best friend. And she has been an advocate of Kennedy babysitting even when Kennedy was only about 8 or 9. "Mom, Kennedy could totally babysit us...all she needs is a chair so she could cook dinner". And then there is Eva. Our sweet baby. We miss her so much and can't believe how much she is growing. She was my "baby girl fix".
So many of us miss Sara and the whole Rose family. But ultimately, we are so happy for her and love reading about her daily adventures on her blog (she chooses to update weekly or daily...instead of the once every six months like me. hee hee) I just wanted to make this post as a tribute to this wonderful family that we miss so much. They have changed us for good.
















2 comments:
Oh Amy, now you've got me crying too... They just must come back soon! ;)
OH AMY AMY AMY! What a sweet post! You made me CRY! So many beautiful and nice words that I don't feel worthy to have said. We miss you guys so much. I have said this time and time again, but you really changed my life when you came into the ward. You really have so many gifts that I feel that I was lucky enough to enjoy...your dynamic personality that makes everyone love you, your beautiful photography that you spoiled me with so many times, your amazing jewelry that I constantly get compliments on, your fun parties, and our long chats. I love and miss you! THANKS so much for the very nice post :)
Post a Comment