Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Love Story...on top of a mountain!

Meet Adam and Mallory.  Let me tell you the story of how I met them. On top of this mountain!!!


Back in June my family and I were returning to Orlando after a trip to Nashville. We decided to stop in the Atlanta area for a few days.  We decided to stay at STONE MOUNTAIN which had been highly recommended to us.  And rightly so. It was AN AMAZING state park with a GIANT boulder right in the middle.  We decided to go to the top, riding up in a tram.  As we got on the tram, I noticed this darling young couple all dressed up, holding flowers.  They were alone except for a man that looked suspiciously like a minister.  A WEDDING.  HOW EXCITING. A wedding on top of a mountain, and we were going to get to witness it.  But hey...WHERE WAS THE PHOTOGRAPHER?  There wasn't one (gasp). In fact, I even saw this young couple pull a disposable camera (double gasp) out of their bag, and take a picture of themselves.  John and the girls nudged me and told me that I should go approach them and offer to take some pictures.  I just didn't feel comfortable, not wanting to intrude or get in their business.  When we got to the top, they walked to the center of the mountain where they had the perfect 360 degree views, and they began their ceremony. Just the three of them.  I couldn't help myself. I HAD TO TAKE THEIR PICTURE! I did this from a distance and tried to remain invisible.  As their ceremony came to an end, I realized they ended up having an "audience", many of whom were also taking their picture. By then, I didn't feel so bad about it.  As they were pronounced "husband and wife",  the crowd cheered, surprising the young couple.  The bride held out that tiny disposable camera and asked if anyone would be willing to take their picture.  THAT WAS MY CUE.  I went to them, explained I was a photographer, and confessed my "stealth" picture taking of the ceremony, and asked them if I could take more pictures of them...free of charge.  They looked surprised, teared up, told me I was a "blessing sent from above", and then proceeded to tell me how their photographer had cancelled at the very last minute and they were heart broken about it.  So, for the next while I got to do what I love best, and hopefully captured the joy of this special day for this couple. I was in Heaven.  I love a good love story. I love weddings. And I love taking pictures. Perfect. 



And you must admit...It was an amazing spot for wedding pics.






What a lovely lovely couple.  So sweet, so appreciative, and so elated and in love.  They kept saying "We can't believe we met you".  Aww. They were so cute together and absolutely giddy that they had just gotten married.  This private ceremony was a special thing for them, and then in a year they are planning a big wedding with friends and family.  








I truly feel lucky to have "stumbled" across this couple.  Grateful that I had something to offer them. Moments such as these are why I love being a photographer. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun is that?! Beautiful pictures and couple and memory!

Anonymous said...

You're the best!

Lisa said...

oh.my.goodness!! Amy, you are truly the Lord's servant. What an exquisite story. :)

Shayla said...

piLittle did they know you were getting the best out there! What a cute and fun story!

Sara Rose said...

I absolutely LOVED this story when you told me so I am so excited to be able to see these GORGEOUS pictures! Sooooo cool. You are so awesome to take pictures for them! Great job Amy and what a sweet gift you gave them!

m98babs said...

I'm such a boob I totally cried! The pictures are amazing and truly a wonderful story. So glad you could be there for them. That setting was just too beautiful not to have pictures to remember it by.

m98babs said...

I'm such a boob I totally cried! The pictures are amazing and truly a wonderful story. So glad you could be there for them. That setting was just too beautiful not to have pictures to remember it by.