Monday, May 9, 2011

Prom planning

Kinsey decided to be on Prom committee at her school this year. It is actually a position you have to apply for.  She said it would be good for her college application, and I'm sure she's right (she is always thinking about her college application. I say, NO, she can't be that old yet).  She and 7 other kids worked so hard and planned this huge event for months.  I was so impressed at how involved they all were with the huge decisions and planning that went into this event. So though prom committee had to "work" the event and could not really go with dates, Kinsey still looked GORGEOUS as she made her way down to the ballroom in the hotel.  She said the night went off without a hitch and she had a blast with her friends. And...she gets a free ticket to prom for next year, and considering it is worth $80, (and considering she is gorgeous and sweet and wonderful) I know many a young man that would be CRAZY not to ask her next year :)





And lucky for the Lopez family... the hotel offered hotel rooms at a huge discount to the families of Prom Committee kids, so that they would not have to drive home so late.  I was even able to do Kinsey's hair in our room before she went down to the prom. We enjoyed our afternoon at the pool, played some volleyball, played on the lazy river, got some dinner, and watched tv in the room.  Then Kinsey simply came up to the room when she was done. It worked out so great.  And close enough to home to make it to church on time the next day.  We love little get-aways.  Cooper keeps asking me if we can go to another hotel.  







No comments: