Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter 2011

 Easter has come and gone at the Lopez house.  Yes, there were colored eggs, and easter baskets, and fun springtime celebrations, but there was also more.  The week before the holiday, we started to talk to  the kids about the real meaning of Easter. With 4 year old Cooper, it really struck a cord. All week he kept asking me questions about Christ, kept trying to remember the word "resurrection", and talked about how Jesus came back to life.  With all the kids, we talked more in depth about what happened from the time of the last supper, the garden of Gethsemane where Christ suffered for our sins, and about his betrayal, and his death.  Then we spoke of the amazing miracle of the resurrection. While describing things to my young children, I contemplated how thankful I am for the knowledge that Christ died for me. He suffered for my sins. He felt my pain. He knows my name, and the names of my children and I know that we will live with him again one day. How thankful I am for this knowledge. How thankful I am for the restored gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints.  How grateful I am that as much as I stumble and fall...and many times fail at my good attempts, I can still try and try again to have a Christ centered home. 


And now...look at these beautiful kids of mine.  Oh how I love them. We may be past the years of matching Easter outfits, and they may get on each others nerves more than they used to, and it may hurt my heart that they are all growing up, but I can't resist the annual Easter picture...right before we dash off to church.












And the day before Easter, we had a fun Easter egg hunt and Easter brunch at our church.  Cooper had such fun gathering his eggs...and Carver is even still into it. Kennedy and Kinsey helped hide the eggs, and I got to sit and talk to friends and hold a sweet baby for a couple of hours.  



                               Carver and his buddies Luke and Christopher

No comments: