Monday, September 21, 2009

That 70's party

Though I was only a "baby" in the 70's, and hardly remember it, I was able to dig deep inside and find my inner "retro self" for this fun surprise 50th birthday party for a friend of ours. Okay, Okay, I do remember some of the 70's...but my fashion memories are more of my favorite gouchos, or my furry orange coat, or little shorty dresses that didn't quite cover my behind (I was very young...so don't get the wrong idea). I do remember my older brother having some pretty snug bell bottoms (far too snug), quite a few leisure suits on my Dad ...and my mom had some pretty cool polyester maxi dresses. But to my dismay, I could not find a good orange furry coat to save my life...but I think John and I found some proper attire for a night of disco mania. I especially liked John's "too tight" stretchy poka dot shirt, brown polyester pants, and white belt. Gotta love Good Will. Brad had no idea that all of these crazy people were waiting at his house as he came home from work one unspespecting Friday night.

Above is Brad BEFORE ... Below is Brad AFTER (after his wife whipped him into his surprise 70's attire). Hey...who is that guy with all the hair?


Brad and his cute wife Michelle...with the perfect feathered hair

Zoanne...looking quite a bit like Carol Brady...if you ask me. Love the wig.

Amy is wearing one of those perfect 70's maxi dresses I was talking about. Did she get into my mom's closet? So cute



Gotta have some hippies to add to the fun



Breanne and Ashley (Brad's daughters), flew in with their families to be at their Dad's 50th party. He didn't know they were in town until the party. So fun... and sneaky










a little YMCA





Our bishop, and good friend, happens to be a DJ and DJs all the youth dances. We were lucky enough to have him playing the tunes of the 70's, all night long. We got our boogie shoes on for sure. I am a huge fan of dancing...think we should do it ALL the time...miss my youth when we would go "dancing at the Bay" every week-end...and often find myself out on the dance floor with the youth at their dances (possibly to Kinsey's dismay)...so...having a "grown-up" dance, having a bunch of my friends there... and actually having a dance partner, was right up my alley. I want a dance floor in my house!!!


Awww


Sara learned "The Hustle", taught it to me, and then we taught it to everyone. Between that, and "the Car Wash", the YMCA, and some disco moves, we had moves to last us all night ( I am noticing that these pictues look like the whole dance consisted of myself, Sara, and Andrea...but not true. We had the whole group (almost) out on that floor most of the time. The three of us just continued when others pooped out.



2 comments:

Alexa Slaughter said...

Are adults allowed to have this much fun and be this silly?? ;) haha just kidding! You guys are too funny! Way to dance it up!

Amy said...

Adults? Is that what we are? :)