Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer highlights...Florida Style

As much as we love going to Utah every summer, we also love summer back here in Florida. I thought I would post some pics of some of the things that kept us busy here.

Relaxing beachy days...awwhh

We love Clearwater beach on the gulf side of Florida. White sand and very very warm water. Cooper sure loved boogie boarding. What you can't see is that John was attached to the other side of this cord...pulling cooper through the waves...all the while hearing , "more Daddy, more".






Yes, this is a picture taken at the beach, but I think the subject should be something more like, "Crazy teeth". Those knocked out teeth still haven't come in.

We also spent time at Cocoa beach, which is so close by for us. And yes, I noticed that I don't have any pictures of Kinsey...but she was usually sitting in a chair reading a book...which happens to be one of my favorite things to do at the beach too.

We discovered Rocks Springs this summer. What an amazing spot. You float down this crystal clear water in tubes,and it is just amazing. The original "Lazy river". We all went one day with Sara and her family. Now you have to admit, this is the way to spend a summer day.


Youth conference! This year John and I attended all of youth conference as the photographer and videographer. So fun to be there with Kinsey (we did keep our distance most of the time). It was a great youth conference with lots of service projects, lots of dances, and great spiritual workshops. It was so fun to be a "fly on the wall" and see all the kids having so much fun.


John and I are now putting together a 30 minute video/slideshow presentation to be shown at a stake fireside. John used a professional camera, and so the footage is just amazing, and I can't wait to get it all done.

A group shot of all the kids, and Kinsey and Savannah putting on their "boogie shoes".



Another trip to Rock Springs with the youth in our ward. We had such a fun day!


Girls Camp! Kinsey and I went to girls camp back in June. It was hot, it was buggy, it was muggy...but we had such a wonderful time. I just love being with these kids.



We had five leaders from our ward at girls camp. All my friends...and great to work with. I think we made a pretty good team. "Be thou and example" was our theme this year...and we went with a superhero spin off.

No comments: