Also at Flaggler college
Check out my photography blog
Monday, September 7, 2009
Oldest city + young at heart couple = great 18th anniversary!
Hmm, what to do to celebrate the fact that you have been with someone for the past 18 years. Hey, I know, go to the oldest city in the Nation. Actually, St. Augustine is one of my favorite places, very romantic, full of charm, and only two hours from our house, so it was a great place to go with my sweetheart to celebrate 18 years of marriage. This city was settled by the Spanish, the french, and was a favorite spot of pirates. What could be more romantic than that?

John and I in front of Flaggler college. Used to be the Ponce De Leon hotel back in the 1800's where the rich northerners would come and spend the whole summer. So fancy, so plush (million dollars worth of Tiffany stained glass in the cafeteria for heavens sakes...a little different than BYU), and now it is a small liberal arts college. Such amazing architecture...and kids get to actually live in those rooms as dorms. Wow.

Also at Flaggler college

One of my friends asked what we did in St. Augustine all day. As I was answering, I realized how strange it sounded...but it was so. We basically walked around this old city, up and down alleys, in between houses...and I searched for cool old stuff to photograph. Yes, it may sound sad, but this was what made my day on my anniversary. I love old architecture. I love old doors. I love old houses. I love flowers and ivy and old iron work, and I love taking pictures of it all...to my hearts content. May sound crazy...but there could be crazier fetishes I suppose. Oh, and I especially love it without my kids tagging along telling me that I am taking too many pictures of boring things. I just love how the texture and architecture of old buildings, doors, and alleyway looks in a photograph. Almost like you can go back in time or something. So much character. So my sweet husband followed me around and helped me find good spots to shoot. But let me tell you...if anyone wants a cool location for a photo shoot, the back streets of St. Augustine would be amazing.
Also at Flaggler college
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys are too cute! What a fun anniversary! Miss you <3
This sounds like such a fun, relaxing day together. Thanks for being such a perfect example for a strong marriage. Our family really admires all that you do to keep it together. We love you so much. Happy anniversary and CONGRATULATIONS! Seriously, 18 years is pretty awesome!
Eighteen Years? It doesn't seem possible since we went to your reception by the pool! What a fun place to spend your anniversary and the pictures are amazing, BTW love the doors also!
Happy anniversary! It is amazing you have been married 18 years because you really don't look old enough in those fun pictures to have been married that long!
Post a Comment