Tuesday, June 10, 2008

End of School events

Okay, school has been out for a week (hoorah), but I am just getting around to blogging about a few events. It was such a busy "end of the year", and lots going on in the summer already, so I am just getting around to it. Anyway, Kinsey had many events, and received many awards. One of her awards ceremonies was for being on Honor roll and getting straight A's for the whole year (for three years really). I love this picture of her and her friends. I call it "Smart and Beautiful". I love it that Kinsey has such smart and wonderful friends. All these girls are such great students and they all work so hard for their grades, yet they are so cute and know how to have fun. They are all off to high school next year. Almost all of Kinsey's church friends went to different middle schools, so I am glad that she found such great friends at her school. We are so proud of Kinsey.
Principals list all year
Carver's class did such a cute program at the end of school. They sang all sorts of songs to us, and recited poems. They also published a book and got to read their page to the whole class. Their book was called "In the Sea". I have to say, my Kindergarten boy singing songs to me with his cute little crooked smile, just about melted my heart.

Kennedy also published a book this year (I forgot my camera the day of her "reading"). Her class had a huge Luau to present the books to their parents. In third grade they write and illustrate the whole book themselves, and then they send the books off to a company to have it printed and bound. Pretty cool. She got to read her whole book to the class and parents and it was so fun to hear it. Kennedy also got so many end of the year awards including straight A's for the year, highest AR points for the year (reading points), first place for "good as gold" awards in her class (tokens they earn all year). I am so proud of the helpful and wonderful student that Kennedy is. Her teacher tells me she just couldn't have gotten through the year without Kennedy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: