If any of you have ever tried to take family pictures, you can understand when I say that it is only slightly better than pulling teeth. I figured it was time to have an updated family photo. Important...considering we have added a 4th child to the mix. Well, I love photography and take all my own pictures of my kids and occasionally take pictures for other people, so I have the hardest time going to a studio. I like to be able to control the setting, the light, the composition...and make sure our arguments are only within the earshot of just a few passing neighbors. So what is the answer...hmm...THE TRIPOD! Well, I think we got some good pictures with the tripod, but I have to say that the experience was all too comical (at least now it seems that way. At the time it was a little more frustrating that that).
No matter how much warning I give my family, it always seems like the "family picture photo session" is coming as a complete surprise to everyone...and possibly might ruin their lives. There tend to be arguments about clothing and hair and color schemes. Or, if you are Carver... the argument would simply be over the fact that he has to wear "long pants" and shoes. Just kill him now. Though I have to say, Kinsey was in the best mood as she is now old enough to want the picture to be all about her. So in between the "don't touch me" and the "everyone just hold still and pretend you like each other", we somehow got some good shots. And hey, you can't always tell that I have just pushed the button...and sprinted into the picture.
I love this shot. John's trying to make Cooper look at a lone camera on a tripod like it is the most amazing flashing light in the whole world, (boring), Kennedy is sweetly strangling Carver, and me and Kinsey are posing perfectly, oblivious to the others.





No comments:
Post a Comment