Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Family 5K on the 4th!

On the 4th of July, we decided to run a five K. It was going to be me and the girls and Carver, and John and Coop were going to cheer for us, and maybe run a little bit.  So we started the run (and let me remind you this is Florida in July...and it is HOT HOT HOT), and as we finish the first half of the race and turn around, Carver and I realize that Cooper and John are not far behind us. Cooper is running running running. What in the world?  My five year old has run half the race!  We kept running, Kinsey was way out in front (and she and a big group even ran an extra mile because they were guided to go the wrong way), and every time I looked behind, there was Cooper running right along side of John and Kennedy.  He was soaking wet with sweat, but he just kept going. Kinsey and I and Carver finished the race, and then we watched for the the others, figuring Cooper would be walking by then. Well, here comes John and Cooper and Kennedy...and Cooper is STILL running.  That little guy ran THE WHOLE 3 MILES.  He is only five. And it was 90 degrees. And he is only five. John said Coop just wouldn't stop and wanted to do the whole thing. He passed quite a few people too. He was not last to come in or anything. I think he did the whole thing in about 36 minutes. It was a fun run for all of us, followed by a baseball game and picnic with the ward, and then fireworks and a 4th of a july festival in our neighborhood. I ALWAYS miss being in Utah on the 4th. I love being with my family and running with them and going to the parade, but we made a pretty fun memory for ourselves. 






No comments: