My boy turned 8 this past summer and so it was time for him to get baptized. He got baptized on August 14th. I think it is a beautiful thing that in our church, (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) kids are eight years before they are baptized. They are old enough to understand the covenant that they are making with Heavenly Father. Old enough to understand Faith, repentance, baptism, and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Old enough to be accountable for their own actions. Old enough to begin to understand the amazing gift that the Savior has given us. The Atonement.
Carver has been so cute about the whole baptism thing. He has been SO EXCITED and really asked the best questions so that he could fully understand what he would be doing. My mom bought him his own set of scriptures for his eighth birthday and I have never seen him so proud. I just had to take these pictures in my mom's field after he got the scriptures. I'm just so proud of my little man that is growing up to be such a wonderful boy. 
How wonderful to have a husband worthy to baptize my children. A special day for Carver and John for sure. Cooper keeps saying " I get baptized soon".

So many of our wonderful friends shared the day with us. And John's mom came all the way from California for the baptism. It was so special to have her there.

The baptism was beautiful and simple and Carver ended up being the only child baptized that day, so we ran the whole show. Kinsey played the piano, John and I gave the talks, and it turned out great. After the baptism we went and had a wonderful brunch with Grandma Lopez.
To finish off this wonderful day, we headed to the beach with some of our closest friends. We talked and played on the beach and swam and it was a great night. I know that Carver had a great time with his friends, and I know John's mom enjoyed being there. Perfect weather. Perfect scenery. Did I mention that I LOVE THE BEACH.


The whole bunch of us!
1 comment:
I sure wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!! We just LOVE Carver. We are very proud of him. I'm so glad you had a good day! We miss you!
Post a Comment