How does this happen? How does your first child turn such a significant age like 16 in a blink of an eye. Yes... such a predictable thing to say, especially for a mom...but it's true. On May 17th, Kinsey turned 16 years old. Kinsey was my first, and my only child for 4 years, and I remember every moment of her growing up. I can't describe the joy I felt being a first time mom and getting to stay home with my little girl and raise her. I had prayed long and hard for that. She was such a joy in our world and such a blessing to us. Every little thing she did was an event. She was always so grown up for her age and now that she is grown up...I can't believe that little girl is gone. But how blessed we feel to know that Kinsey has turned into such an amazing young woman. Truly someone that we are proud to be parents of. When she was young, she had quite the strong will and could throw some serious temper tantrums. I used to say to her "Use your will for good". That strength in her, that may have caused a mother some moments of frustration, is now one of Kinsey's shining qualities. She is so strong when it comes to her standards and the things that she believes in. What I love the most about Kinsey is the way that she can light up a room when she walks in. And it is a quiet and humble light that she carries. I don't think she knows how beautiful she is, yet inside and out...it shines. What a pleasure to have her as a daughter.
Happy birthday to my sweet 16 girl!


2 comments:
What a sweet tribute! I'd have to agree that she is pretty amazing!
Oh my goodness, I love how you described her strong will (ie, with serious temper trantrums as a kid) turning into unyielding srength now. Yes, my Savannah, was and is just the same. People would tell me to be patient because that strong will will turn into good when she's older. It did! Very special girls, indeed :)
Post a Comment