Said it all before, and I'll say it again...I LOVE HALLOWEEN! Love the dressing up, the school parties, the decorations, the treats...and the way a bag of Halloween candy smells. Love the way my neighborhood sits out on their decorated porches to hand out candy. Love to light spooky candles and watch scary movies (well...Disney style scary movies). Love to hear my two year old saying..."Mom...I hab fun scrick or schreating". Love to do my kids hair and make-up getting them reading for the big night. Love to go to Halloween parties. Love to watch my kids sort their candy. I guess I am a Halloween-atarian...or a Halloweenian...(but in the complete non evil, non-gory, non-yucky sense of the term). I just think it is a fun time of year...full of tradition...and full of memories from my childhood, and of my kids growing up.
On Friday night we changed things up a bit for an outdoor party at our friends house. Well, just Carver and I mixed it up. Since Carver likes to RUN and play constantly at these parties, we figured out that by the end of night #1, his mummy costume basically existed no more. He ran the poor thing off his body. So night #2 he opted for a skeleton. Still "dead", but stays put a bit better. I wasn't feeling so "angelic", so I had to show my darker side as a vampire...and John got groovy with his "70's" guy costume, complete with polyester pokadot shirt, polyester pants, and a white belt and shoes.

Cooper was the CUTEST scarecrow I have ever seen...oh except for when Kinsey and Kennedy wore this when they were two. Yes...that's right. I made this costume for Kinsey (back when I had time for things like creativity) when she was Coop's age...and it has just been waiting for Cooper.
Kinsey was the most beautiful...I mean the most horrifying prom queen ever. Well, somehow she even pulled off still looking beautiful, even as a prom queen of the dead. We had so much fun making this costume. Got the dress at good will...shredded it a little, added some black smudges...crazy ratty hair, "dead looking" make-up, and she was ready to go.

So...all dressed up (literally), and ready to go to the Dowdy's party. These great friends have a huge piece of land (13 acres of something) and they threw a fun outdoor Halloween party. LOVED IT! We had yummy pumpkin soup, great treats, a hayride, and an outdoor movie.


After we all got ready on Friday night, cute Kitty Kennedy said (in a very sarcastic tone), "uh, so no one bothered to tell me that our theme tonight was ...."the dead"? Thanks a lot". Hmm, totally unplanned.


Ahhh...the zombie prom queen found her zombie prom king. Not planned...or was it?


I think the best thing about being a Zombie, according to Kinsey, would be that she could just have this look on her face all the time, and no one would tell her to "snap out of it". Handy for a teenager.


Halloween night! Now down to business of serious candy collecting. Kennedy went to a different neighborhood with some friends, and Camden Roe came along with the boys. Fun was had by all.
Cooper was the CUTEST scarecrow I have ever seen...oh except for when Kinsey and Kennedy wore this when they were two. Yes...that's right. I made this costume for Kinsey (back when I had time for things like creativity) when she was Coop's age...and it has just been waiting for Cooper.
So...all dressed up (literally), and ready to go to the Dowdy's party. These great friends have a huge piece of land (13 acres of something) and they threw a fun outdoor Halloween party. LOVED IT! We had yummy pumpkin soup, great treats, a hayride, and an outdoor movie.
Ahh, I found a Vampire friend.
Halloween night! Now down to business of serious candy collecting. Kennedy went to a different neighborhood with some friends, and Camden Roe came along with the boys. Fun was had by all.
1 comment:
The outdoor party sounds sooo fun! We only dressed up ONCE! Our Ward Party was a harvest festival earlier in the month and that was it! I worked really hard on my costumes this year so its a shame, but they will get used again! How's life? I never get on facebook so this is how I'm keeping track of you guys:)
Post a Comment