Sunday, May 24, 2009

Visitors...Yay!!!

We have been so lucky to have so many visitors this year. John's brother Steve, and his wife Sarah, came to visit (from California) a few weeks ago. We have not seen them for so long and so it was great to get together. Carver was beginning to think that we just made up this "Uncle Steve" character. It took Cooper about 3 seconds to totally bond with Steve and Sarah...and the rest of the kids were the same. It's always good to have that "cool" Aunt and uncle that make your parents look really boring and old. Hey...I used to be that cool Aunt...but then I went and had my own kids. So..the activities with Steve and Sarah included: Outdoor movie at the Beach club hotel, bike rides, pool time, New Smyrna beach, seeing the shuttle launch (from a distance this time), the beach, a week-end trip to Fort Lauderdale so Sarah could get her favorite sandwich (they took our girls with them), good food (Sarah is a chef), and all sorts of other fun.
We took Steve and Sarah to Jb's Fishcamp in New Smyrna beach, this cool little hole on the wall place on the river. Yummy. John and Steve even got the GATOR SANDWICH, which they both loved. Who knew? In the middle of our meal, we just stood up, walked out back...onto the pier, looked up, and got to see the shuttle launch. Okay, so not as exciting as John's last up close view of the shuttle...but still pretty cool.




We then headed out to New Smyrna Dunes park to enjoy the pretty white sand and the water. Carver got to take a "mental health" day from school.
New best friends


Digging to China

Ahhh...I couldn't resist.

One afternoon we headed downtown to one of my favorite spots (church street station) and I did a little photo shoot for these two. The pictures turned out really cool and I will post a bunch more on my photography blog. www.amylopezphotography.blogspot.com


As I took pictures, Coop got to sit here and watch a couple of trains go by...just feet away. As much as he loves trains...he looks a little shell shocked. Maybe "too" up close and personal for him



The girls had the TIME OF THEIR LIFE on their week-end away with Steve and Sarah. They drove down to So. Florida (John and I had stuff we had to do here), they went to the beach, went to the famous sandwich place (Primanti brothers), did more of the beach, stayed at a hotel, swam in the pool, ate out, had fun without parents hovering, and probably learned a few choice sarcastic phrases from Sarah. Seriously, what could be better for girls that age. Thank you so much Steve and Sarah, for making such great memories for them. I think every kid needs a few adventures away from Mom and Dad. This all happened on Mother's Day week-end...and so for the greater part of the week-end, I only had two kids. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ME! The boys were so simple, and John and I had such fun with only 2 kids, that it was a nice break. On Sunday, he boys showered me with food and attention all morning, and church was nice too. Everyone was home in the evening, and we had a great little mothers day celebration. Loved it!
We really hated to see Sarah and Steve leave. Sarah makes me laugh pretty much 24-7, brings out the goofy (and sarcastic) side of my kids, always has a crazy story to tell, and she makes me yummy delicious food. Steve is an amazing uncle and played countless hours with my kids...my boys especially. We love you guys. Thanks for coming.

No comments: