This is me and my sister Linda. We are 14 years apart, we are in different stages of life, we don't get to spend as much time as we would like together...but yet, she is one of my best friends and always has been. My other two sisters, Brenda (Linda's twin) and Wendy are also on the BFF list. I feel so lucky to have the sisters that I do. I do more talking and laughing with them than anyone else. I would feel so sad if I didn't have this kind of bond with these wonderful women. Here we are trying on our new matchy coats.
Linda lives in So. Florida but we haven't spent that much time together lately, so it was so fun to spend a fun week-end at her home. Since my parents flew into Ft. Lauderdale, they spent some time with Linda, then I drove down (alone), spent a long week-end with them, and then took my parents back up to Orlando. The three days away were worth so much.
We went to movies, went to lunch, had a cook-out, did some shopping, relaxed, watched a sappy Hallmark movie together, laughed and laughed, ate some good peppermint ice cream, got on facebook to check out my nephew's (Linda's son that is at BYU) new girlfriend, and talked and talked and talked. It was fun to be with my parents and with Linda and her husband, but not to be worrying about the kids. John played super-dad and took great care of their needs at home. He is so good to let me run away here and there.
On a little shopping trip with my mom and Linda, I found this cute "Doris Day coat", as I like to call it. I just love it and as I was trying it on, we found one for Linda. My sweet mom bought a coat for each of us. What a fun thing.
I have memories of my two oldest sisters from such a young age. I was only five when they got married and moved out, but before then I remember them always wanting to paint my nails, do my hair, or let me sit on their boyfriends laps. As they both had kids, I spent so much time with them and loving on those sweet babies. I even spent about three summers with Linda and her family helping her with her kids. I lived with her the summer before I got married and have wonderful memories of long talks, chick flicks, and shopping. We have stayed so close (all of us sisters) over the years and it has been such a rewarding relationship for me. We usually all get together every summer when I go to Utah...and I am pushing for a "sister's" vacation. I feel very blessed to have these women in my life.
1 comment:
Sounds like you and your sister had fun. I love the photos with the two of you in your new coats, you guys look so happy! Doesn't it make you wish you could live closer together.
Post a Comment