We did some "exploring" last Saturday with our friends, the Roses, in Mount Dora (about an hour north west of Orlando). But I do need to clarify one thing. There is no "mount" in Mt. Dora. No mountain, no big hill, no landmark of any sort that would hint to the reason for the name. Possibly a little more hilly than the rest of flat Florida, (though "hilly" is probably too strong of a word), but no mount. But we did not go there for the "mount" (though Carver was looking for it the whole time). We went there to have a fun day with friends and enjoy the charm of this darling little town and to play by the lake. All those things were accomplished . It is such a darling town with old charm, cute little houses, neat buildings, little shops and restaurants, and a beautiful lake. We did miss Kinsey as she had to stay home to study for her end of sememster exams. I have to hand it to that kid...she is so self motivated and her grades are so important to her and I am proud of her that she took her exams so seriously (she does have some college level classes, so they do require a lot of work). Her exams are over now...and she did beautifully...but we did miss her on our little outing.
Although the town was not the feature of all my shots (I was too busy following the kids around trying to capture their charm), I still got a lot of fun pictures and the town had great spots to shoot. I am a visual person, I love pictures, I think they tell the best story, even if it is just showing the different personality or mood of the person I am shooting, so this post (like most) is FULL of pictures. I try to be conservative with the amount of shots I post, but then I think "who am I kidding". Too many pictures that I love.
We stumbled upon a cool old red brick building, with a neat old fire escape going up the side. How could I resist these shots. The kids had fun playing while I snapped these photos.
Luke, Emma, and Carver. They are the three musketeers, and they had such a fun day together. Emma just gets right in the middle of whatever game they are playing, and they play so cute together. Carver adores her...though sometimes he has to act "cool" when he is around Luke. Carver enjoys both of their company, and I think that is so cool.


I love this kids eyes.
Luke was the only sensible kid...who happened to hold on when climbing high...and thus didn't have all the parents yelling at him.
Hmm, what are these two talking about? Planning their future wedding? A mother can dream. 
"What's down there? You better not fall in"
"What's down there? You better not fall in"
"Kenna, your joke is not that funny"

This is my favorite shot of the day (below). Emma wins the prize!
This is my favorite shot of the day (below). Emma wins the prize!
2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I will have to try it out sometime. Your photograghy skills are amazing, I love how you capture the moment.
Ok so I wish I were getting married soon just so you could take pictures of it! :) Haha.
Post a Comment