Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Twas the Night before Christmas...and there were LOTS of people in the house. We had such a fun Christmas Eve party with friends. When you live away from family, Friends become such a huge part of our lives and we are so thankful for all of these great people. We had some fun and crazy gift exchanges, a bingo game, tons of food, and some fun games.

The friends went home, the Christmas PJs were opened (thanks Grandma Fulks), the True Christmas story was told, and the stockings were hung.

hugs...kisses...and much excitement
Cooper and Carver in their "Caterpillar" pajamas, as my dad would say. Oh...the cuteness. I would have put the girls in these pjs too if I had thought there would not have been a full blown rebellion.


CHRISTMAS MORNING. Gotta love my kids. They slept until 9:00. They know the value of a good "sleep-in" day. So excited to run down the stairs to see what Santa brought.

Carver as "Dash" from the incredibles. Man he is fast!!! This picture fully describes his excitement to see his presents.

Both of the girls got huge magnet boards for their rooms. I LOVE the way they turned out and they were my favorite Christmas projects. John made the boards, and I made about 50 magnets, all different, and I printed pictures of the girls and their friends for the boards. They were very excited and so surprised.


Cooper loves his new trike, Carver loves EVERYTHING...especially his "bat cave" and bakugans (or how every you spell those things)

We had the best and most relaxing Christmas day. We had a wonderful brunch, which is our tradition, with monkey bread, eggnog, and breakfast casserole, then we spent the day watching movies, playing DDR, and napping. It was a great Christmas.

1 comment:

Lorraine Roe said...

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas at the Lopez house. The magnet board idea was cool, I'll remember that for Keriann. It is great to hear the strive to push the true meaning of Christmas. I love your reminder and example of remembering Christ Sister Lopez, it is great and thanks. I like that picture of Christ alot too. Thanks again for the good example on remembering Christ and being grateful.
Clay Roe